Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

??TCP RST Message??

Status
Not open for further replies.

seerockcity

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2006
US
09-22 18:59:10 Deny 70.x.x.x 68.x.x.x 8000/tcp 36262 8000 0-External/PPPoE unknown TCP RST packet without an associated connection, firewall drop 40 239 (internal policy)

This is the log message that I get in System Manager. I'm trying to set a policy that will allow port 8000 to a camera that we have on our LAN (192.168.1.114). We only have one static IP. I have setup the NAT entries on the policy and basically copied how RDP is setup with the exception of using a different LAN IP for the camera. Thank you for any advice in advance.

This message states that the TCP connection is being RESET due to some internal policy.

To resolve this issue, try the following:

1. You might have configured a custom service for port 8000 and then might have configured a Static NAT on it. Delete this service and then create a new one and this time make sure that when you create a new service, set the protocol as 'TCP' and the Client port as 'Ignore' and then put in the port number. After that create the Static NAT entry which will map the Public IP address to 192.168.1.114.

2. Secondly, click on Setup => Intrusion Prevention => Blocked Ports and uncheck the option 'Auto-Block sites that attempt to use blocked ports'.

3. Also click on Setup => Intrusion Prevention => Default Packet Handling and make sure 'Auto-Block source of packets not handled' is unchecked.

Regards,
Srijan

Thanks to everyone. I called Watchguard to find out the answer. Here it is...

Policy Manager --> Setup --> Global Settings

Uncheck “Enable TCP SYN Checking”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back