Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP Reconnection Packet problem (Error=0x2746)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ2008

MIS
Feb 3, 2008
US
Hi,

I appear to be radnomly having this problem when backing up our file server:
Unable to establish TCP reconnection because the agent does not have the requested packet. (SEQ=49512, AGENT=x.x.x.x (xxxxxxxxxxxx ( x.x.x.x )), Error=0x2746)

It seems to be working fine for a few days, then stops for 2. It doesn't seem to matter whet

I have followed suggestions in old posts, such as disabling antivirus and incresing the timeout, but it still isn't fixing the problem.

We have checked the hardware and their doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the switch or the NIC's, further confirmed by the fact the fileserver is in heavy use during the day.

We are running r11.5 SP3 on the server and on the client agent.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can rectify this?

Thanks,

Chris

Setup another job in addition to the regular one. Configure this one to backup just the problem system, and it should be configured to not use the client agent. This means that it will not be able to backup the System State. The goal is to see if when the agent is not used it will consistently backup the system. Then at least when know the problem is related to the agent and so a direction to go will be provided, and at least the data is backed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back