Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP/IP support for Various HP laserjet printers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2003
CA
Hi all.

We've just upgraded servers here at work, using Novell 6.5. I now have to find out which of our printers supports TCP/IP, and which ones don't. I assume it doesn't depend on the printer itself, but instead on the Jetdirect card installed. How do I find out if these jetdirect cards support TCP/IP? I've looked at them, but I can't find a proper product number or anything on them.

Help would be appreciated.

As far as I know the jetdirect cards support several network protocols. If you know the IP address of each printer you can telnet to it,or you can print out the printer config from the printer control panel.

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

You could also print a self-test page from the printer and it should give you some info with regard to what card is installed on the printer.

Thanks all. I looked at the cards more closely and found a number that i could use to identify them. I've got it all ok now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back