Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP/IP errors when accessing Groupwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrnEyedLdy

Instructor
Sep 12, 2002
US
I am getting TCP/IP errors when I try to open Groupwise and Laserfiche (Imaging Database)from a single pc on the network. I think I may have something blocking the ports necessary for those programs to communicate on the network.

1. Access to the Internet is NOT interrupted from this PC.
2. Only happens on 1 PC
3. User account can access Groupwise email and LF from other PC's in the office
4. Just started 'out of the clear blue'.

Any thoughts? Can ports be blocked at the individual PC level? We use a PIX firewall.

Thanks,

Patty [ponytails2]

Yes, applications and ports can be blocked on the client end. If the PC is running Windows, I would look at the firewall settings. If it is running Linux, I would look at iptables as well as netstat. I think windows supports netstat and you might want to see what that reports regarding active and open connections.

Application connection issues can be more difficult to troubleshoot than a full connectivity loss. What you might try doing is seeing if you can telnet out on the ports that these applications use. That would rule out if it is an application blocking or a port blocking.

Are you getting a particular error message(s) that might help diagnose the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back