Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP/IP doesn't work, may be too many protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavFoelbr

Programmer
Feb 11, 2002
US
First of all, thank you all for helping.
Ok, here is the story. I like to go to LAN parties. The problem is, sometimes I have to change around network settings and what not to fit everyone else. I used to be able to ping everyone on the network, no problem. But the last LAN party I went to I was unable to ping or play games requiring TCP/IP. I was, however, able to play IPX games like starcraft. So anyway, here are my adapters:
ALFA GFC2206 32-bit PCI Fast Ethernet
AOL adapter (i know....ewww)
AOL dial-up adapter
Dial-up adapter (yes, i have another internet connection)
Dial-up adapter #2 (VPN Support)
Microsoft Virtual Private Networking Adapter
Ok, and here are my protocols installed....
TCP/IP -> ALFA GFC2206 32-bit PCI Fast Ethernet
TCP/IP -> AOL Adapter
TCP/IP -> AOL Dial-up Adapter
TCP/IP -> Dial-up Adapter
My IPX protocols mirror these protocols, except they are for IPX.
Oh yeah, one other thing came up. Accessing web servers (for every page with logins) also does not work, and I think that solving this problem will also fix it.
Once again thanks, if you need more info I gladly give more.

Open Control Panel -- Network -- add protocol TCP/IP.

Select adapter which will be used for TCP/IP sessions and bind the TCP/IP protocol to the adapter. Yes you can have multiple protocols bound to a single adapter without. This is why protocols are bindable. Take what ya need and forget the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back