Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP IP / Dial into server/ Router Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gareth99

Programmer
Oct 26, 2001
GB
ok. I have a LAN here in Malaysia which connects to the internet via a router. I am trying to dial in to our server in the UK and I have Firewall usernames and passwords. However, the uk server does not like our router - does not like the IP address apparently, but I have already tried changing this and it still doesnt work. The problem is basically that it is not secure if the connection goes through a router and we are trying to find another solution apart from buying a firewall for the malaysia end.

i have been pinging away like mad and it comes up with request timed out .

any ideas???

what happens if you do a trace that should show you where it stops, are you able to access anything else on the Lan either side

Does the firewall in the UK have access-lists set up that are restricting your connection? Are you part of the same company? Have you investigated setting up a secure tunnel between the two sites so that you can request on the fly using IP addresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back