Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlitos71

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2004
US
I just loaded SCO 5.0.7 and the Release Supplement 3 on a Dell PowerEdge 1800. I added the embedded NIC with no problem and was able to ping, telentand ftp out to a production server to retrieve files.

Now, after a few I reboots to add the tape drive and to change an idtune record (FLCKREC) to the machine I am getting an error "ip_output: TCP/IP Not licensed." I have done multiple reboots, removed and added the NIC back in. All to no avail.

I am able to telnet and ftp into the server, but I am unable to telnet, ftp, or ping out of the server or ping into the server.

For right now there are no streams failures of any kind.

If anyone can provide any help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks. Carl.

sounds like you might have brought back more files from the production server than you should have.

go into license manager: remove and reinstall the license and activation keys.

any reason you didn't install maint. pack 4?

Make sure the date in the system is correct, if the date is wrong (old date) system may think that you do not have a license.
Do a uname -X and make sure you see a minimun of 5 User license

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back