Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCP & USB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherak

Programmer
Sep 1, 2003
GB
Hi,

I want to write to a device connected to my PC via the USB port however Im currently trying to get my head round ports.....

I have got the information from the company who created the device and they tell me that to communicate with their device I have to write my software to listen on port 1111 and to send a command to the device I send it to that port using a TCP socket..... Now I have a good TCP socket component, however Im a little confused with the whole port/usb thing. Aside from settingt the socket up to listen on port 1111 do I have do any additional stuff to tell it that it should be listening on the USB device.......

Basically does anyone have nay good information on ports......

I've been curious about this, too. More and more devices are using USB but I see very little info on how to program for these devices.

James P. Cottingham

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.
[tab][tab]Albert Einstein explaining his Theory of Relativity to a group of journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back