Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tclpp or any other OOP-Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloViel

Programmer
Oct 26, 2002
DE
Hi all!
I was wondering if anyone of you is currently using Tclpp in order to be able to program OO in TCL.
If that's not the case, what other extensions do
you use for that purpose???

Greetings,
Florian

I'd say that [ignore][incr Tcl][/ignore] is the most widely used object-oriented extension for Tcl. It's implemented in C/C++, so it's faster than other OO extensions written in pure Tcl code. Its syntax is also similar to C++, so that makes it easier for some people to learn. You can find out more information about [ignore][incr Tcl][/ignore] from the Tcl'ers Wiki ( on the page
Of course, there are many other OO extensions for Tcl, several of them written in pure Tcl code, which is nice because you don't need to download the source and compile them on your system. You can find out more about these extension at the Wiki on the page "Object orientation," - Ken Jones, President, ken@avia-training.com
Avia Training and Consulting, 866-TCL-HELP (866-825-4357) US Toll free
415-643-8692 Voice
415-643-8697 Fax

Thank you for your replies!!!
I think I will try to switch to [incr Tcl] then because it seems to be much more complete than Tclpp (although not as "light-weighted").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back