Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tax on Freight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2004
US
On the Sales entry, I'm trying to charge tax on freight based on the customer. Here's what I tried so far:
1) Setup "Frt tax" tax schedule and added the customer's tax detail that will be affected.
2) SOP setup options, changed the freight- tax options to "taxable" and added the "Frt tax" tax schedule to it.

Still no go..
GP 9.0
Thanks,

Your setup sounds correct. I have this working with the same setup with no problem in GP 9.0.

Are you testing with a new transaction each time you make a change to the setup? Existing transactions will not be updated automatically. Also, what is your shipping method type? Tax will only be calculated based on the customer's taxes if the shipping method type is Delivery.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2010
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Yes, I'm testing with new transactions, my shipping method is delivery. Are there any other setting I need to changed.

When you create a new sales transaction and fill out the top section...click on the blue arrow next to the Customer ID - what is in the Ship To Tax Schedule ID on the right side? And is the shipping method correct?

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2010
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back