Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tax Expansion Button - Keyboard shortcut - FOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.

finemike

Technical User
May 9, 2012
In this thread thread632-1684030 about a year ago I had asked if there was a keyboard shortcut to select the arrow for the Tax Expansion Button?

I was told that there wasn't and that I should use a non-logging menu trigger.

I did create a macro to select it, but over the last year I have "accidently" selected it about a dozen times while entering payables and just using the keyboard.

I finally figured out what I was doing that caused it to be selected.

As you are entering your payables transaction and you come to Tax Field and you want to change it, just overwrite the tax field with "zero" and tab out of the field. It then acts as if you selected the Tax Expansion Button. No need for macro's or non-logging menu trigger.

There have been a couple of times when I have done it that it brings up a blank screen instead of one with the proper information in it. I haven't determined why yet, but all you have to do is close that window and do it again.

Just thought I would share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back