Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tasksmart c1500R server

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobW333

MIS
Jul 17, 2003
GB
Trying to recycle an old server and need to change the boot order to boot from CD.

How do you do this, all it wants to do is boot from SCSI or Floppy?

Any help and links to any required drivers etc would be appreciated.

I presume you are on about the Proliant 1500R server? Check out recent thread thread484-1315236 which, although references a Proliant DL380 server, should also apply to your server (in particular SmartStart which you will need).

Also check out the HP link below which contains documents regarding the Proliant 1500 server:

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"

Thanks for the direction however I must be missing something.

I've downloaded 5.5 and built it on a CD and can now get the system to boot from the CD but I can't get to the stage of installing Win2000 server.

I keep telling it that the OS is OTHER and it goes of and reboots and then needs the 5.5 CD to clean the settings .

What have I missed or there might be a crash in Edinburgh as this gets launched out a 3rd floor window...

BTW it reports as an 1850.....

I would scrap installing the OS via SmartStart and once you have run SmartStart and got beyond the stage of setting up your hard disks and installing the SmartStart partition, I would just boot off the W2K CD as normal and run the install manually. As long as the array is created and setup, you should not need any additional drivers for the setup stage.

I would not worry about it reporting as an 1850, the procedure should be the same. My understanding of Tasksmart servers is that they were beefed up Proliant servers, I took a guess with the PL1500 :)

"Insert funny comment in here!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back