Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tasks working independently but not in sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

M8tt

Technical User
Feb 11, 2003
NL
Hi,

I have a DTS package running about 30 various tasks. In the middle there are 2 'Execute SQl Tasks'; the first one of these takes a table field and sets all of the values in it to 'N', the second one applies some criteria and sets some of the records to 'Y'.

When run independently (i.e. - right click, execute step) both Tasks run successfully and make the appropriate updates.

However when the entire package is run although both Tasks are processed successfully it appears that the second Task is not performing it's updates and all of my values are set to 'N'. As soon as I right click the second Task and execute it the updates are performed.

The two Tasks are joined together by an 'On Success' Workflow and are also joined to the Tasks either side by the same method. Also when I watch the entire package execute they are processed in the correct order.

It's almost as if the second task is running before the first one has finished and consequently not working.

Can anyone offer an explanation or any advice?

Many Thanks in advance, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back