Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tasks turning into milestones

Status
Not open for further replies.

shm75

Programmer
Jul 11, 2013
GB
Hi,

I'm using Project Standard 2013 (version 15.0.4551.1507), and have just encountered a weird problem that I've never seen before and wondered if anyone can help.

I have a number of projects, which were all set up from the same template and which are updated with weekly progress. Some of these were due to start last Monday (21st), but didn't. I tried to change the start date of the first one to the 28th, but this turned all the tasks into milestones. I opened the task information and unchecked the 'Mark as milestone' box but it still wouldn't let me change the duration to the original value. I closed it down and tried the next one (which was set up exactly the same way) and it worked perfectly - everything just moved forward a week.

Any ideas why this happened? Because there were only a few tasks, eventually I solved the problem by deleting them and starting again, but I'd quite like to know what was going on.

Thanks.

Are they manually scheduled or auto scheduled tasks? When you say you tried to change the "start date for the first one" - first what - task? - project start date? You release number also indicates that you do not have SP-1 installed to Project. Please install and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back