Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TaskMgr Toolbar missing. No Tabs, No Menus 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainNetworks

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2003
Sure wish I could paste a picture in here. I'm working with a client running windows XP home...all servicepacks, all updates completed. For some reason, when doing a cntrl-alt-del to bring up the task manager window, there aren't any tabs or menu bars.

I've seen other posts which talk about how to turn this feature off in XP Pro, but XP Home doesn't have a group policy editor. gpedit gives "not found" errors.

Any thoughts? If it was Klez, then the whole task manager wouldn't function and it does partially work. Also I've done a recent virus scan with definitions dated 12/18 (this message written 12/19 ).

Thanks....

Big guess...maybe enable admin tools, and make sure you are logged in as admin.
I have no better guess.

You can post a link to a pic.
see;
thread779-723378

syar[reindeer2]

Found and Fixed the problem. Happy Holidays Everyone :)

CAUSE
This behavior may occur if Task Manager is running in Tiny Footprint mode. If you double-click the empty space in the border around the tabs, Task Manager switches to this mode.
RESOLUTION
To switch Task Manager to its typical display mode, double-click the top border of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back