Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

taskbar thumbnail preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlbasso

MIS
Jan 20, 2004
US
I'm not sure how, but I no longer have my taskbar thumbnail previews. Anyone know how to get them back?

Checking the Taskbar/ Properties, is "Aero Peek" ticked on that page?

System Restore might be an option too.

Thanks linney,

Aero Peek is checked. System restore is not an option. My situation is that I imaged over 400 laptops and all of them are unable to view thumbnail preview from the taskbar!

What kind of laptops are they? Make sure they are all compatible with the Aero Theme. It needs to be on for Aero Peek to work. Aero requires Graphics cards that can run the Windows Display Driver

If the taskbar looks opaque and lighter in color rather than dark gray and translucent, it means Aero is not running.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

I think you are both onto something. I built a "generic" image on in hyper-v. I will look into the display driver and report back...

All I had to do was run "Rate this Computer". We use Desktop Authority to manage our systems so I pushed out WinSAT.exe to run on logon. It takes about 7 minutes to run but now they have their taskbar thumbnails they have been asking for.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back