Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Taskbar issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

intel233

MIS
Feb 24, 2007
US
If I have Outlook open and have say 5 emails minimized and lync is open with 3-4 conversations minimized when I put my mouse over either application to look everything just flashes and disappears. So if I hover over lync it will flash all the conversations and then go away. I dont have time to even click on the one I want. This goes for Outlook (or any application). Is there a setting that controls that? I thought maybe the mouse or keyboard was bad and replaced them and still have the same thing.

That feature is directly related to the Aero effects in Windows 7. I suggest you first try to update your GPU driver and reboot. If that doesn't help, disable Aero (an easy way to do that is to change your theme to Windows 7 Basic under Personalization), reboot, and then re-enable Aero by switching back to the previous theme you were using (or just select Windows 7 under "Aero Themes").

Still didn't help? If not, then let us know if the same issue happens when you're logged into Windows under a different user account.

-Carl
"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."

[tab][navy]For this site's posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back