Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Task suspending

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshad

Programmer
Jul 15, 2004
US
I have a piece of code that is getting suspended and I don't know why.

This Insert is inside of a Transaction but when when it gets to this insert it freezes. It is only using one table.

All I am doing is inserting one row into the BatchRevision table but I need to set the BatchRevisionNumber to either 0 or one more then the largest BatchRevisionNumber.

Shouldn't be a problem but it is.

It seems to have SPIDs running with one suspended. The other one seems to be increasing cpuTime.

I have to kill it to stop it.

Code:
     INSERT    INTO [Requirement].[BatchRevision]
                ( BatchID ,
                  BatchName ,
                  BatchRevisionNumber ,
                  [FileName]
                )
                SELECT  @BatchID ,
                        @BatchName ,
                        BatchRevisionNumber = ( SELECT  CASE WHEN MAX(BatchRevisionNumber) IS NULL
                                                             THEN 0
                                                             ELSE MAX(BatchRevisionNumber) +
                                                        END
                                                FROM    [Requirement].[BatchRevision]
                                                WHERE   BatchID = @BatchID
                                              ) ,
                        @FileName

Why is there 2 SPIDs? I assume 1 for the insert and one for the SELECT and the insert is waiting for the SELECT. There aren't that many rows in the table.

Thanks,

Tom

Try inserting everything but the BatchRevisionNumber, then update the record using SET BatchRevisionNumber = ( SELECT CASE WHEN...

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back