Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Task Scheduler message persistence?

VicM

Programmer
Sep 24, 2001
US
I'm running Win11 Pro.
I've set up several reminders using task scheduler to display a message at set times.
I've set the scheduler to run the messages even if I'm not at the PC. However, my laptop is almost always on and I'm logged in. The PC will sleep if no activity after a half hour or so. The screen goes black at that time. I don't use a screen saver.
What I'd like to know is, if PC is asleep and the message is scheduled to display, will it persist on screen so that when I wake it, will I be able to see the message? Or does it disappear?

Thanks,
Vic

When your laptop is asleep, scheduled reminders won't display. To ensure they do, configure Task Scheduler to wake the computer from sleep mode to perform tasks. Without this setting enabled, the task may not execute until the next scheduled wakeup time or when the user logs in.

A very late reply I know but I've started using Windows' own 'toast notifications' system using PowerShell and the BurntToast module.

This gives the flexibility of text, images and sound together with persistence, as the notifications may disappear from on screen but can continue to be viewed in the 'Notifications' pane... and can even be shown on the Lock Screen.

This may be what the OP is looking for.

Hope this helps...

Rick998,
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll look into it.
Vic

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back