Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

task and reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorling

Technical User
Mar 25, 2004
GB
hi there,

we are using task folder which is on Public Folders tree! absic when i set reminder it come up with "The reminder for 'XX XXXXX XXXX' will not appear becuase the item is not in your calandar or taker folder. IS this OK?"

how can i fix this to it comes up with a reminder which i set?

thanks in advance

Jonathan D

For reminders, they have to be in YOUR Calendar or Tasks, NOT in Public folders.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do You Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

but how can i get this to work can i create a rule so that it does

thanks in advance

Jonathan D

again, there is no way you can do that with any rules, a Public folder is 'public', so it will not give YOU a reminder.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

so what would be the best way to get round it?

thanks in advance

Jonathan D

nothing, just put personal reminders where they should be, in your personal Calendar and/or Tasks

Marc
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back