Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Target lines not ringing correct programmed extensions:WEIRD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomarang

Vendor
May 5, 2008
US
I have two BCM400's both rel4.0. Approx. 30ish digital sets each, connected via VoIP.

1)Calling extensions from site B to A via VoIP trunks works without fail.

2)Calling extensions from site A to site B via VoIP trunks works for all extensions except two.

3)DID calls to these two station works without fail.

All target lines, destination digits, destination IP, routing, priv/pub received digits check out fine. These settings match every other set on system B. However when calling these two sets (4426 and 4420) the Receptionist (4421) rings, every time.

I watched Line Monitor at site B, and on every other incoming call to a station the target line was displayed: "4422 - L242". However for these two stations this was displayed: "4421 - Recep" and under the Number and name column was displaed the correct DN. I watched Line Monitor at site A and verified that the correct numbers were being sent, but every VoIP call to these two stations goes to the recep.

I have changed the target line at these stations, and the problem persists.

I have moved the original target lines to other stations and they work.

I have rebooted, twice.

This seems to be limited to VoIP calls to these two DN's only.

Patches are current as of 12/2/08.

Any ideas would be helpful... Thank you

Check cfwd on these two sets. Sound like they could fwd to reception. F#4 to cancel.

Cook1082, please elaborate on what you are thinking about the "service mode". This is happening during regular business hour operations when night ringing is turned off. I haven't tried with night ringing on.

CFWD is not enabled, calling these stations from inside the same system and via DID works properly. CFNA is to the CallPilot and works properly on internal and DID calls.

This happens ONLY on VoIP calls from ANY extension at site A to ONLY THESE TWO DN's at site B. Site A can call any other extension at site B without problem.

I built both these systems. Cold Restart out of the box, DID template with this system beginning at 4421. Nothing out of the ordinary in programming related to these two stations. Dialing plan has no numerical conflicts that I can find.

Any other ideas? Thank you.

Are you sure that you don't have a NRS somewhere where the DNs for the endpoints need to be set up?

Check your DND to prime setting for these 2 target lines..
Change to Give Busytone instead of going to prime extn.

Compare these target lines to another one that is working properly.

Just for the heck of it try renumbering the 2 DN's with 2 different DN's and targets to see if the ports or the DN is causing the problem.

Resolution, finally...

Spoke to a guru who schooled me well...

1)Changed state of VoIP pool to private.
2)Changed Private Network type to CDP.
3)DN then accepted Priv rec and DID digits on same TL.

Works like a champ everytime now!!!

Surprised it worked at all, with those settings not instituted.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back