Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Target line PRIME SET behavior changed between MICS v 4.1 & 7.1??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfife

Technical User
Aug 4, 2009
US
Not long ago When we were running Version 4.1 of MICS software we were in the practice of putting additional target line appearances on certain phones to cover the target line's main DN. This worked fine & users of covering extensions liked the ability to see which DID was dialed by observing which button was lit.

Now that we've upgraded to 7.1 it appears the equivalent programming has a different behavior.

For example:
Let's say DN 7001 has a DID programmed for it on target line Y
Let's also say (naturally) that target line Y appears and rings on DN 7001 & is the prime set for the Target Line
As I mentioned, target line Y ALSO appears & rings on the covering extension (DN 7002).

If a call comes in to the DID on target line Y, while DN 7001 is busy, AND DN 7002 is idle, the two versions seem to behave differently:

What we observe in Version 4.1
System sees 7001 is busy, sees 7002 is NOT busy
System rings BOTH the target line on 7002 AND the prime set 7001 (via the intercom).

What we observe in Version 7.1
System sees 7001 is busy, sees 7002 is NOT busy
System rings ONLY the target line on 7002!
ONLY if 7001 AND 7002 are BOTH busy, then the system rings the prime set 7001 only (via intercom).

Is there an option somewere that I'm missing that tells the system how to behave in this circumstance? It seems unlikely that Nortel would just change the 'paradigm' between software versions.

If Nortel did simply change the paradigm and this is just "the way it works now", what's the nearest equivalent function? I suspect it's something like the answer DN feature. Is that right? I've never tried to use that feature, but I suspect I will not be able to make identical functionality and may get some pushback from users.

Any tips are greatly appreciated

Thanks

-Karl

How many appearances of line Y do you have programmed onto ext's 7001 and 7002?

We have just one appearance of target line Y on each of the two phones. In this example there are no other appearances of that target line anywhere else on the system.
-K

I might also add that it was configured exactly the same way on the 4.1 & 7.1 system. That's probably obvious but I thought I'd say it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back