Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TARG/TGAR issue with calls via Tie's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hached

Technical User
May 11, 2007
CA
Hi folks

Having an issue with the following

Site A is trying to call ext 1234 at Site B.
Site A and B have tie’s between each other.
Programmed ext 1234 as a DSC using RLI 1.
RLI 1 routes calls to Route 3.
Call arrives at site B via Route 3.
Route 3 has a TARG of 5.
Ext 1234 has a TGAR of 5.
Call is denied and I assume it’s because the TARG/TGAR are matching…?

Any idea how I could get around this without changing the TARG/TGAR settings of the route or set.

It's not a TGAR problem. TGAR and TARG is for outbound calls. You are describing an inbound call.

Just a question if you don't mind. Why are you setting a TGAR on a TIE Route anyway? Do prove your theory remove the TARG on the route and see if the trouble clears, I don't think it will.

I would check LD 86 and print your ESN block to see if TAGR = Yes in this case if the TGAR is 5 on the set and TAGR is 5 on the route the call will be blocked. If TAGR = no in the ESN block then the call should work.

You state that 1234 is a DSC for Rt 3. You do not state what digit manipulation, if any, takes place.

Prove that you are getting the call at least into Site B by DCH messaging in Site B.

From there, decisions are yours, but try playing with the Rt 3 TARG, and maybe set it to 0.

Well turns out everything was setup correctly, the customer was using a phone that wasn't on their phone system to test! No wonder it didn't work.....lol

I've been trying from my phone every so often too. I figured the lines were busy because of everyone here trying.

Find more at GHTROUT.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back