Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaret

Technical User
Jan 17, 2004
NO
I'm using TAPI 3.0 connected to SCCS 4.2. 10 lines/TN are configured to connect to TAPI (AST 0 8 and IAPG 1).

I need to configure more TNs to be connected to TAPI 3.0. The programming of sets and configuring of TAPI 3.0 is no problem, but I do not know how to get the TAPI to take control of the TN without restarting the TAPI-server....

How can I get the TAPI-server to take control of TNs without restarting the server? Services to be restarted??

Thanks in advance!

Wouldn't it be nice to get training once in awhile! :) This is the same type of issue I dealt with while using Agent/TAPI. I was having to bounce the server to do exactly what you're talking about. I know (assume) there must be a better way, bu t unfortunately, I don't know what it is. We've since just quit using it (we have 2.3? I think).

Les Brown
Kelly Services, Inc.

I am not sure how your configs are set up. But with Tapi 3.0 and using SCCS 4.2. It is not neccessary to telephony or ACD Proxy service on the tapi server for an Acquire or DeAcquire message to be sent to the M1. This happens automatically using MLSM through SCCS. So if you are using a CLan connection from TAPI to SCCS and then connecting to the M1 via the MLSM service you will not need to take Tapi down to do any MAC work. In the older versions of Tapi this was a major maintanence nightmare.

Skaret,

Try to stop and start the Telephony Service and ACD Proxy Service. It would be nice if you can tell us whether this works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back