Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicka29

Technical User
Apr 6, 2009
GB
Hi

Has anyone tested and got working tapi with terminal services.

I have a customer who log in every morning to a terminal server and would like to use dial from outlook

Any help would be good

Thanks Nick

TAPI is not compliant with terminal server environment.
You can use third party software like Key-link or Estos or similar to get this functionality.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

Hi

Have you installed either one of these? Is it a free app? How easy is it they to install?

Thanks Nick

It is free app and easy to install, after install go to configuration screen > Telephony > advanced and configure the TAPI driver with the users name, password and IP Office ip address, reboot of the PC may be required.

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/SoftwarePub/4_2GA_Builds/USER/COMPONENTS/TAPI/tapiQ4Maint2011.exe

forgot the link

Hi

This is the normal tapi driver. As you said this will not work in the terminal services enviroment.
The 2 other products you named in your previous email have you ever got them to work in the terminal services enviroment? Are these products free?

Nick

Ah, these are not free and both work with citrix

I didnt think Estos was free..

Best way we have found to get click to dial from outlook in a T.S or Citrix environment is to use the local clipboard, i.e. a grab and dial function.

or hold fire, Web APIs from Avaya coming soon.... good bye TAPI - so long and thanks for all the grief!

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

And a programmers nightmare....

Can anyone tell me if the TAPI drivers installed by tapiQ4Maint2011.exe are supported on Windows Server 2008 64bit?

Thanks,
Donald

Yes they are

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back