Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPI not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Dear Sirs,
I have installed a TRUST 56K V92 USB MODEM with the correct drivers today desperately hoping to solve my problem .. but it has remained .. I wonder if anyone is able to help me.

This problem has happened for months on and off .. first with WIN98SE then even after a full format and installation of WIN XP PRO.

I use WInfax ... but the same thing also happens with the fax programme in trust ... or an internet connection.

When I make a connection .. either sending a fax .. or connecting to the internet or if I receive a fax .. the first time it works perfectly ... and then after that any thing I try to do with the modem ... connection or in/out going faxes
I get an error window with a red bar saying that the TAPI is unaccessibile as the port is still open. (this is a translation from the italian message hope it's ok)

I have tried everything .. closing the programmes everything but the only thing i can do is re.boot ... every time :(
the port will NEVER close after one use .

PLEASE PLEASE does anyone have any suggestions as I can not even use this modem :( ...

I have also now eliminated the internal modem .. physically and its software to avoid any conflict .. but nothing changes :(

Hope you can help ..

Thanks in advance

Seta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back