Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPI Driver Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlatt1283

Technical User
Nov 15, 2004
US
We are installing the TAPI driver for IP Office on our clients' PC's, and we are running into a slight issue. The installation goes fine, and we can configure the driver under 'Phone and Modem Options' in the control panel to point to the IP address of the control unit and the correct user name. However, when I go into Window's phone dialer, go to Options under the Edit Menu, then go to change the "Line Used For Phone Calls", it does not have the option "IP Office Phone: {extension #}" like it should. I have tested it in my office, and it worked fine. I was able to choose that option in phone dialer, and was able to make phone calls. We are using 2.1.248901, and the PC's are running Windows 2000. Any suggestions?

I had difficulty with that as well... then I read a post (on this fourm I believe) that cleared it up for me...

Basically, when you are in the "Dialing Options" dialog and click the drop down arrow for "Connect using line" you will not see the "IP Office Phone: xxxx"... UNTIL, you click the tiny (easy to miss) scroll bar to the right of the drop-down box and scroll down. Then you should find what you are looking for. It is the third choice for me as follows...

1. IPCONF LINE
2. H323 Line
3. IP Office Phone: xxxx

It is strange that the drop-down box doesn't show all three choices without scrolling, but, that is the way it is set up.

Hope this helps!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back