Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tapi download not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Has anyone gotten Tapi to work?
I download it and open up the modem and phone section to add it and it does not show in the window to add.

Did you install the correct version (64-bit if you have 64-bit Windows or 32-bit otherwise)?

Yes 32 & 64 on different machines, so far I've tried Vista, Win7 & Win8

Vista = You don't even see it as an option in the TSP add section of Phone & Modem section.

Win 7 & 8 = Loads but when you try to use Phone dialer for a test it just locks up and tells you to restart Phone Dialer.

TAPI is a purchasable add on license. If you don't have that enabled on your UCx, you may not be getting the proper settings\responses. We have it working on our 4.0 UCx and can dial out of Outlook or the native Phone Dialer in Windows. In addition, Asterisk Manager interface configuration is necessary as this is the interface where the UCX TAPI Service provider attempts to connect to the UCX server and make calls.

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

We're making some progress now, part of our problem was port 5038 was not opened on our unit. I'll aslo check the Asterisk Manager set up.
Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back