Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TApi components

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeGrammar

Programmer
Jun 4, 2001
CA
Hi there, I am writing a application in delphi which needs to receive data over a modem. My question is, is there a way to read the data from the modem and store it in a variable for manipulation? thanks

Without knowing anything about Delphi, I would still say yes! With all of the Visual Studio products you can read data out of the COM port as a string, character array or byte array using the MSComm control included in versions up to VS 6.0.

You can also read the data as a stream through the Win32API, but there are no events when data arrives, so you have to poll the UART to see if it has data to be processed.

And there is always TAPI, but I have never gotten TAPI to work in a fashion that I considered anywhere close to being as efficient as doing interrupt driven comms.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back