Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPI Blues....

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriscaton

Vendor
Dec 11, 2002
US
the struggle...

IPO 500V BASIC release 9.0.0

Ideally customer would like to dial via Outlook 2010/2013.

Currently trying to make this work with dialer.exe just to make it go. Installation on Windows 7 appears to go without a hitch and it allows you select an extension from the IPO. It indicates it's dialing but nothing happens. there has been a required reboot between each installation attempt.

1. First things first: Is TAPI compatible with this IPO?

2. i have attempted to follow multiple installation paths, including making sure windows firewall is on. Either way yields same result. Client also has AVG business installed whether it's on/off, yields same result.

if i have both TAPI2 and TAPI3 installed, one of the choices in the dialer will not function correctly. either driver by itself yields the original results.

any and all suggestions appreicated.

thanks

Not supported. Basically IP Office Basic Edition doesn't support anything on the network interfaces except SIP trunks and configuration access for Manager/Web Manager. That includes no TAPI.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Not so stupid, just Basic functionality only.... hence the name :)

I still cant believe people are actually installing systems in Muppet mode!

its like buying a HDTV with 7.1 surround sound & only watching silent movies.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back