Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tapes being prematurely Full

Status
Not open for further replies.

piper43

Vendor
Jun 26, 2002
CA
Hello Folks,
I was wondering if anyone has seen this. I have an exb-480 with 4 mammoth 2 in it running with solaris 2.7 and legato 6.X. Every once in a while I get tapes being marked full when clearly they are not ie 2 gig out of a posible 60 gig native. I have replaced tapes and tape drives and still every
once in a while ie 3-4 weeks I get this issue note no errors on the drive. You help is appreciated.

Jamie

No resets found in the damon log just a few media type errors

Hi,

When NetWorker detects a fault on a volume or with a drive then it will mark the loaded volume full even if it has not reached it max capacity for the volume. What Media error's do you see in the daemon.log?

Regards,

PB

This can be a combination of things.

Legato will mark a tape full if, for what ever reason it can't write the data to the tape.

It can be a media / drive / bus / scsi cable issue or a combination of them all.

Sometimes it's a long winded things to try and sort out.

If you are getting the same tapes being marked or always on the same drive, then try tar / cpio / NT Backup a shed load of data and see what you get outside of Legato.

Hope this helps. Regards
KeefB

[lightsaber]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back