Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tapes are Full..how do I reuse them???

Status
Not open for further replies.

obryant32

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2003
US
Is there just a quick way to reformat a tape since they're all showing up Full. The tapes filled up as I was experimenting with setting up the program and I don't want to buy all new tapes since they're relatively expensive. I know that I used to use Arcserve and there was a rather simple way to reformat a tape but I can't seem to find it in Legato.

Thanks,

Matt

Tried that, it doesn't work. My tapes still say FULL. Thanks though

If you go into either devices or autochanger, mount the tape and select it to label, it will wipe the contents.
You may find you need to do a refresh on the volumes tab.

Not sure which version your using, but recycling the tape may also be an option. This will keep you from having to do the process of re-labeling, and will retain all of the volume information (volume label, etc.). This would also have legato do the relabel/reuse instead of you having to do it.

T

you can relabel it or You can do secure erase in NT which will wipe out all contents in the catridge and then lable it in legato. Beofre that you may need to remove the volume in the volume tab of the networker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back