Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TapeAlert

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarAng

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2002
GB
Has any body seen this error before?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Backup Exec
Event Category: None
Event ID: 57993
Date: 10/10/2003
Time: 01:44:45
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXX
Description:
Warning
Device: DELL 1 (XXXXXXX)
The tape cartridge is not data grade. Any data you back up to the tape is at risk.
Replace the cartridge with data grade tape.

It just started happening this week. Back Up runs verifies and completes ok. I cant find anything on the VERITAS web site.
Thanks
Gary :)

I would clean the tape drives first. Anytime I had odd and unexplained errors, cleaning sorted it. Once a month I now run the cleaning tape 3 times for each tape drive.

Slán agus beannacht.
Patrick Boland

Thanks, but I've tried cleaning. I'll clean the drive then get the error the following day!. We've only had the tape drive 6 months, and all new tapes, so I'm wondering if the hardware is faulty.

Could be hardware alright. Try a simple backup with a new tape and see does it go through. I have to say Veritas is great when all is well but it can give a lot of unexplained occurrances. Good luck

Slán agus beannacht.
Patrick Boland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back