Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPE WIZARD SET-UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

torri

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2000
US
I tried to set-up a SON/FATHER/GRANDFATHER rotation. I have 2 jobs, one a differential backup that runs Monday-Friday and a full backup that runs on Saturday. I use a 7 slot Adic tape unit. I assigned the first 4 slots to the Differentail job and the other 3 slots to the Full backup job. I set the Overwrite Protection on the Differentail job to 6 days and the Full to 2 days. I also set the option to append to tape if no appendable media found terminate the job. On Tuesday the first time I tried the backup, the differentail backup grabbed the tape in slot 1 which was correct. On Wednesday night the Differentail backup job grabbed the tape in slot 3, which is also a differentail tape. I thought it would write to the tape in slot 1 until the append days were used then go to the next available tape. Can someone PLEASE tell me what I am missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back