Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tape stuck and eject problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

selinathe1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2006
US
On 2 of 9servers, I'm having problem with tape drove.
Server#1: I can put the tape in but it ejects it within 2 min, this happens when I put in a cleaning tape as well. I checked My Computer\Manage...\Removable Storage\Physical Locations I see 3 HP C1537A SCSI Sequential Device. 2 out of the 3 has red cross on it and the state of drive is "Not present, Disabled, DIsountable" And the one which doesnt' have a red cross on it has state as "Empty" (well, the tape doesn't stay in. so i guess it IS 'empty'...) The server is WIN2000, SP4, doing backup with Veritas V.9.1

Server#2: The tape is stuck in. I tried pressing eject button 2sec X 3times, then hold it down for 5sec to force eject it. Didn't work. In Computer Management, I see the same thing as I do on Server#1 except there is only 1 HP C1537A SCSI Sequential Device. The server is WIN2000, SP4, doing back up with Veritas BE V9.0

I'm pretty new to this and this question may be real simple. But please help. I just need to be able to get a complete daily backup.

Thx
-selina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back