Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape RAID issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaiyunfat

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
Hello!
I am curious if anyone else has seen this issue. I have inherited an Exabyte 430m library with 4 mammoth 2 drives. The drives are setup in a raid wo/parity using ArcServe 2000. We have had some issues with backups failing due to "failing to grab media" errors. We have also seen some major errors where the tape device will dissappear from the RAID group and have to be readded. This has happened twice now. The first time I had IBM replace the drive. The same error has occurred and now IM not sure what the issue is. It is the same drive which is causing the issue. Possible bad cable?? I wouldnt think so but you never know. Has this happened to any of you?

Thank you,
Chai

Compaq 800Mhz
256MB Ram
Adaptec Duralan Fast Ethernet NIC
Adaptec Ultra 160 PCI SCSI

Arcserve 2000 ver 7.0 build 1050

Exabyte 430M firmware 2.2
Mammoth 2 Drives firmware v04b

Have you resolved the issue you reported back in January?

I would like to propose an alternative solution available from Ultera Systems, Inc. ( 949-367-8800) using a hardware tape RAID controller to transparently operate your Exabyte 430m library. Check out our web site < or contact me at jim@ultera.com for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back