Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape library

Status
Not open for further replies.

razvannw

Technical User
Jul 26, 2005
RO
Dose anyone use IBM 3584 Tape library, I’m interest in how manage license from NW, because doesn’t match in license for Autochanger with 128 and 256 from Legato ? IBM license 129 –slots and 287 slots for the library

You must have one license per library which covers the number of slots reported to NW.

I am interested how other solves this problem, because I have license for autochanger with 128, and I have 129 slots.
I consider that is absurd to buy a license for 256 to use 129.In NW 7.2, I solve this problem by modifying resource file, but in NW 7.3 don’t work.
On the other hand, the next level o slot license for IBM is 287, so if I buy from Legato 256 I have the same problem

Can you configure your jukebox to a value less than 129?

Let me explain my environment:
I have a tape library with 129 slots and 4 drives.
In the tape library software I can’t make a partition without a drive, and I don’t want to lose any drive.
Also, I try to remove some plastic and define another cleaning cartridge, but without any success.
There is no solution from hardware vendor.
I try to find someone with similar problem to see how they solved the problem with Legato licenses department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back