Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape library disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

net1man

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
US
I rebooted my NT2000 server with Brightstore8.0 sp2 and in device view I had 3 drives but no tape library. I used the device configuration to add the library but the library was gone. I rebooted several times and then for no reason it was back! Has this happened to anyone else???

Before doing any Device Configuration with ARCserve always check the Windows Device manager. If the changer and tape drives can be seen from here, then they will also be seen form ARCserve. Sometimes after booting you have to wait a little time in order to have Windows see all devices properly.

regards

Windows gets the SCSI information and updates HKLM\Hardware\DeviceMap\SCSI
If you are able to see the library/changer at this level you could try stopping the tape engine and Deleting the registry entry of HKLM\Software\ComputerAssociates\.....\Base\TapeEngine key.
Re-run the Device Configuration and assign the drives to the library

Did you reboot your library also? I've seen this before too. It usually helps if I reboot them both at the same time.

Good luck,
Debi

If the library was restarted, make sure it has finished initilizing prior to restarting the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back