Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape Engine is stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2003
US
I am sooooooooooooo tired of receiving this message on my ArcServe 7 for Netware manager. I run the manager from an NT4.0 machine and normally I have to close down the manager and try over and over until I catch the lucky break of the tape engine not stopping. It may take me four or five times before I get lucky enough to format or submit a job and it really is frustrating. Would love to hear any answers that have worked in this regard or will take sob stories of other sufferers to this dilemma! Tape engine is stopped will be the end of me!
Thanks
[noevil]

Hi

I have same Problem - Seems to me to loose comms...

Pissing me off

David

Sorry David,
looks like we stumped the panel this time! I've never gotten an answer to this through Computer Associates tech support or through this forum. Guess we have to live with the multi-try get lucky one time approach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back