Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape Drive Head Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMorey

MIS
Jul 5, 2001
AU
I propose using CRC Video Head cleaner on my tape drive heads. Any reason why I shouldn't do this? I've found the CRC brilliant with VCRs, where dry tapes generally can't cut the mustard.

Save yourself some grief. Get the cleaning tape recommended by the drive manufacturer. If you don't, you'll void the warranty.

Bill.

I have got the tape cleaner tape for the drive. The only problem is, the drive spits the tape back out at me. Also the icon on the arcserve screen for tape cleaning is disabled. Any ideas??

Kev

My tape cleaner says it's not suitable for HP drives (I've got a Seagate). Anyway, using the approved head cleaner tape did not solve the problem of tapes that will not write/verify after only 12 months use once a fortnight. Overall I'm underwhelmed by the Travan system and wouldn't use it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back