Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tape device not found 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsept

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2003
US
I'm backing up to a stand alone tape device connected to a media server. All machines are communicating(pinging) and are seen within the netbackup software, install etc. When the backup begins the master is forever mounting, the client starts chugging like it will back up but the tape never mounts and the tape drive shows no recognition. I'm not using dhcp but the correct entries are in the host files. Appreciate any help!

Did you install the tape device under the Media Server or the Master? It should be configured under the media server. Also, make sure you are using the current Veritas Device drivers on the media server.

The driver is the Veritas driver. The media server does seem to recognize it as the device, but I did just a normal install of the media server after the master. I'm not 100% sure that is correct.

On your master - What type of device does the drive show up as? What is your O/S? What version of NetBackup? What SCSI controller (If SCSI) is the drive connected to and what driver?

Also - You can create netbackup\db\logs\bptm and bpcd directories on the media server - The log files created will provide invaluable information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back