Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAKING THE CCNA FOR THE FIRST TIME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

098cedric

Technical User
Apr 28, 2013
US
This mostly goes out to people who have taken the CCNA exam. What was the best approach to take the test. Should I obtain this certification by taking the test in parts or should I go directly and take the one exam? What was your best method in preparing for the test?

Granted, been a long time since I've taken the CCNA, but I took it in the 2 parts. I did however take the CCNP routing and switching tests combined. I think there is good and bad to both. You get the same amount of matierial in both tests, difference can be (just as an example) you might have 75 questions in each part, or the combined could be 85 questions. I kind of liked the idea of potentially having less questions on topics I didn't feel quite as comfortable with, however they might be weighted more since there are less questions that might get asked on a particular topic. Either way, it's a lot of material that is available to be thrown at you in a single test.

If I had to do it over today, I'm not certain which way I would go again.

They are retiring the 640-802 test October 1st. Not sure if this would have any implications on your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back