Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Taking Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

drimades

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2004
MK
In my Windows it happens that the two key combinations:
Alt+Print and Ctrl+Print doesn't work to capture screenshots. Can I set this option from somewhere?

Standard keyboard? I have a logitech keyboard & have to ensure I am in standard function key mode to ensure 'print screen' captures the screen to the clipboard. The use of F lock key if you have one is explained in this microsoft article.

'print screen' should capture the whole screen allowing you to paste the image into any application that accepts images. 'left alt' + 'print screen' should do the same for the current active window. I'm not sure what ctrl + 'print screen' does - it's the same as a straight 'print screen' for me.

I guess you could have a look at the event logs and verify that the clipboard is working?

Further thoughts.
from
Windows implements Print Screen using a registered hotkey. Windows uses the predefined hotkeys IDHOT_SNAPDESKTOP and IDHOT_SNAPWINDOW to handle Print Screen. These correspond to Print Screen, which captures the entire screen, and Alt+Print Screen, which captures only the active window. To disable these functions all you have to do is register the hotkeys, which causes Windows to send your app a WM_HOTKEY message when the user presses either hotkey. Your implementation can ignore the message to bypass the default screen-capture behavior.

Check this blog for more details:

Maybe this or something similar has happened to you?

Finally

another way to print your screen - NOT - enjoy!

[navy]When I married "Miss Right" I didn't realise her first name was 'always'. LOL[/navy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back