Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

take a look at this!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2000
US
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the lines that show up around the hotspot of an image. If you notice the lines show up after you click on a person and close teh popup box.
I am stumped.

the address is:

Either you've fixed the problem or it doesn't ahppen in ie6 as I'm not seeing what you describe.

Hey scooterscott,
Internet Explorer 5 and under always show the outline for hotspots right after you click on them, Netscape does not. You can get more detailed with your hotspot trace though, it will make it stand out less when it does happen.
Tim

if you want to delve into a bit of javascript you can try this...

when you click a link or hotspot, the object you clicked is given 'focus'. this is what gives it the outline. if you put the following javascript inside your link, it will hopefully get rid of the problem...

onClick="blur()"

(blur is the javascript opposite of focus)

this should appear in your code like this...

href="[the page you want to link to]" onClick="blur()"

i haven't had a chance to try this, but i think it should work.

hope this helps,

ss

If you are also using Macromedia Dreamweaver, you can download an extension called "scrubber" (I think) that yoy can run once you are finished designing the page and it will get rid of the lines automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back