Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TagLib problems with 2 different applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

trracz

Programmer
Mar 8, 2008
US
I have two webapps being served up by Tomcat. Both utilize JSP Tag Libraries. One is compiled with javax.servlet.jar and one is compiled with j2ee.jar (think that one is a bit older). They both seem to work fine when deployed with tomcat 5.5.15, but when they are deployed with 5.5.25, I start seeing NoSuchMethodExcpetions regarding TagInfo<init> in the one compiled with javax.servlet.jar and TagAttribute<init> in the one compiled with j2ee.jar. These apps are being deployed on a machine running Centos linux. I don't have the kernel version where I am at right now, but I can get it on Monday. The strange thing is that things seem okay on some machines and not on others. In fact, we can reinstall the exact same version of tomcat with both applications on a machine that is exhibiting the problem and sometimes things will start working. Other times, the errors will not appear on the same pages following a restart. For example, the errors may show up when you try to go to the first page, then, after reinstall, you can get to the first page and several other pages, only to find the error again on another page. I know that the nosuchmethodexception typically indicates that the webapp was compiled with one jsp version and deployed with another, but the fact that things work fine in 5.5.15 and sometimes even in 5.5.25 is really strange. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. If more information is needed, I will gladly provide it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back