Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tagging Word files for Eastern European characters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaddel60

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
US
Does anyone know how to go about tagging a Word file (XTags) for Eastern European characters? For instance, the L with a slash going through it, etc. I will be importing the Word file into Quark with corresponding stylesheets.

Thanks.

Quark uses ascii markup for certain characters - find the appropriate ascii number and insert into the Word doc as <#/"number"> and when word doc saved as text (.txt) format and imported to quark the character appears in place of the carated-area.

hope that helps.

donna

Donna,

Thanks so much for your information. How do I go about finding the ascii number?

Does this work in most classic fonts?

Thanks again! :eek:)

Well, there are several ascii (and extended ascii) charts available out there - try a google search (be mac or windows specific) - the character if available will be there. Now, if it's something really strange, I'd tag it for something you can find and replace from the quark document with appropriate font later.

Donna

Thanks, Donna. You've been very helpful and I appreciate your time.

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back