Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tagging Calls from Overflow Group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Hello all,

So I have a new install that has a main location with the IPO and Firewall and two remote locations.

Main (IPO / Firewall)
Remote 1 (6 VPN Phones)
Remote 2 (2 VPN Phones)

Calls to the remote locations go over the VPN and hit a main hunt group (Remote 1 or Remote 2). If the call is not answered, it overflows back to the Main location.

Can I tag these calls overflowing back to main such as "Remote 1 Caller" so the main location knows the call is overflowing back from a remote location and they can answer the call as if the remote location is taking the call?

When testing this overflow scenario, the calls are currently tagged with the Remote Hunt Group Name - Which is OK however I would like to customize the text if possible.

ACSS

Instead of overflowing the Remote 1 or Remote 2 hunt groups, have them cover to Voicemail. Make a leave start point for the Remote group, transferring the call to a different hunt group to ring the phones at the Main site, and named so they can identify and answer the call appropriately

TouchToneTommy: Forgot to mention they are on embedded.

ACSS

Well I suppose you could work out how to overflow to a sequential group with a single phantom user that is forwarded including hunt group calls to a short code that does a dial extension to another hunt group to ring the Main phones, but at this point, why can't the name of the original group (Remote 1 or Remote 2) give the people at the Main site a clue on how to answer the call?

Make all huntgroups on the main IPO. Name them 'Main' 'remote1' 'remote2'

You can add 'remote' users in this group.

Overflow the 'remote1' and 'remote2' HG to the 'Main'

That way you will see the name of the original calles HG.

TouchToneTommy / Okkie26: That is how it is currently programmed, with the hunt group being the city name. Customers can be stupid and still get confused. Im actually programming this system for another vendor who hired me, so im not too worried about it. Thanks gents.

ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back