Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tagging a Word Doc to Import into InDesign Styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

harborgirl1

Technical User
Apr 16, 2013
US
Hi All,

I was told, but cannot find out how that it is possible to tag your word document to import into your styles boxes for InDesign, without having to do it line by line individually.

I don't like to import using Words styles, so I do a word doc and then import the un-formatted document line by line into InDesign styles boxes.

By what I was told it sounded like you could somehow tag your text to do this automatically.

Ex.

abcdeagddga <1> asdfadsdfaads <2> etc. with the number correlating with your InDesign Styles boxes. Is this possible? I appreciate the help!

It only works if the word document has styles applied.

Place the file (ctrl+D) in InDesign, but before clicking on the place button see that in the dialog box show import options is checked.

In the new dialog box you can choose at the bottom to customise style import.

Now you will see the incoming word styles that you can map to your InDesign styles.

hope this helps

carlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back