Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TADIRAN ICE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarksman

Vendor
Dec 19, 2007
US
I tried to program individual ringing for extensions today. Setup as 8x10. Could not find ringing in programming. Please help! Thanks M

Are you trying to use the Remote programming (RMP) or phone.
Either way, the ringing is in the co line portion (lines are 700-757 by default). Note that you can only have 6 phones ring during the day and 1, yes, 1 at night.
To get around this you set up a UCD group (let's say, UCD group 230) under Extension application. There you can have 24 phones ring. Make sure you choose the "all ring" protion if you indeed want all the phoones to ring. Your choices are linear, all ring and distributred. Note that if you use the UCD programming, DND will not work on inbound calls. You would need to program a Agent log in-off key on the phoe if DND is required BUT you can't log off all agents. If you want to use DND on all phones, a work around is to use one of the slt ports as an agent.

Metballnut. I bought a manual , programmed from a phone. Took the phones out of UCD, from advice of a another tech that I called. We put 5-6 phones to ring for lines 1-4, and 5-6 other extensions to ring lines 5-8. @ extensions should ring all. I am very concerned though that removing the UCD msy cause problems. If there is problems can I call you for some assistance? Thanks blademarksman

metballnut:
that @ was 2 extensions ring all 8 lines. blademarksman

What is your number?
UCD IS the way to go but you MUST select the ALL RING method for it to work correctly.
Note that the Call Forwarding to voicemail will follow the FIRST extension in the co line position...so lines 5-8 will go to mailbox xxx on no answer....

Meatballnut; I am programming from ext.401 using a set.

The customer has two entities, a sales dept. and a leasing dept. They had 8 lines, the 1st 6 in a hunt for sales, the last two in a hunt for leasing. The leasing customers were frequently getting busy signals. So I put line 7 & 8 as lines 5 & 6 at the KSU. Then added 2 new lines to the KSU 7/8 and that hunt group. So now we have lines 1-4 sales and lines 5-8 leasing. The customer wanted some extensions to ring only L1-L4, others only L5-L8, two extensions to ring all lines 1-8. I was having difficulty with the UCD, so I indivdually programmed each line for said extensions.
Actual lines 1-4 x401, 402, 403, 404, 405, lines 5-8 x401,405,406,408,409,410. I am concerned about the UCD, but have not heard any negative comments. Thanks for any help.

In day mode using regular ringing this will work because you have not exceeded 6 phones.
At night you would have a problem as there is only one extension available in night mode. If you are not using night no problem.

Also, you don't mention forwarding or voicemail. I assume you are using x401 if you are using voicemail as the general mailbox. In this casae there is no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back