Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tadiran Coral SL shuts down daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontDoIT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2009
US
Recently the Tadiran Coral SL shuts down sometime after business hours and has to be "reset" the following morning in order for the phones to come back up. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? I've been told that it may be a flash card or the CPU, but the tech isn't sure either way.

Can you provide more info? When end users say "shuts down" or "crashes" it's usually not as serious as that.

* When you log on to the PI what do you see? Does it respond to any key presses?
* What are the resource lights on the cards doing - on/off/flashing?
* What are the digital phones showing on their screens - date/time, Phase0/1/2? Can you get dial tine and/or make internal or external calls?
* Do you turn the power off or just press the reset button on the MCP?
* Are there any alarms on the system after a restart?

With more information it will point me in the right direction.

Can you provide more info? When end users say "shuts down" or "crashes" it's usually not as serious as that.

* I’m not familiar with PI.
* The Coral SL is encased so you cannot see what the cards are doing w/o removing the cover. With the cover on, we’ll see RESET lit, then a digital green L and we basically press the small reset button. This cycles through the system bringing the phones back up. Yesterday we had to RESET the system twice because it seemed to take longer than usual for the phones to return to normal.
* The phones are completely dead with no display, lights, etc. When I dialed an extension from here, my phone displays CO (followed by the extension #) then DISC CAUSE # 027 and hear a fast busy signal.
* The reset button is pressed on the main Coral SL.
* We looked at the diagnostics which shows alarms and didn’t see any.

Unfortunately without access to the PI (Programming Interface) then it's a bit hard to say what the issue is. I take it that you're an end user not a technical person?

Cause 27 is 'Destination Out of Order'. I'm assuming you're dialling this site from another site, correct? And this shows on your phone screen? This simply means that the other end isn't working....surprise surprise.

Off the top of my head I can't remember what the 'L' on the LED means. I'll find out.

You say you got into the diagnostics. Where did you see these? Are you in the PI or using CoralVVIEW Administrator/CoralVIEW Designer?

I would suggest that you get a trained tech in to have a look at the system. If it's doing this every day then it's not healthy. It's possibly a memory issue, faulty processor or faulty card bringing down the entire system. I'd need to see the PI alarms and/or see what the PI is doing when the system fails to fault find any further. What country are you in?

It appears that the phone system issue has been resolved. Apparently the Main Central Processor (MCP) was bad and had to be replaced. Since replacing it, the phone system has been working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back